Sunday, May 4, 2008

Here's all my help on break ... lol....


After studying the rear of this bus for about 2 weeks and coming to an understanding of what each and every peice of the tube frame does and how the rust affected the bus as each one rusted apart I found these problem areas. The engine cradle had droped straight down about 1/2 inch in the front. down about 3/4 inch on the passenger side rear and down 1 inch on the drivers side rear. As the motor pulled at the framing it buckled the walls at the drive axels (allready repaired) and pulled apart the weak portions of the crossmembers for the drive axels. This in turn pulled off one of the shackles that held up the torsion spring on the drive axel. All this in turn is the reason I am rebuiling the whole drive line portion of the steel box tubing. I have studyed hours upon hours to determine where it should be and how it should be rebuilt to get back to where it was when new and to beef it up and get rid of the voids that trap debris and water to create rust problems. It just amazes me that this bus was still on the highway. Even more stupid was I when I crawled all under this bus after I bought it. Can someone say Daaaaaa for me.

No comments: