Sunday, May 4, 2008

Straightening up the butt end of the bus


I true squared two peices of plywood at 90 degrees and put the two together. I trued them at the widest point of the bus (the bottom) then I cut the taper off of each side (1/2 inch top to floor level) with a straight edge and flush router bit. All the while being careful of my mesurments to get a very snug fit. I found that cross measuring for square was not working out with the tapered walls. After I cut out the plywood insert I took my two ton rachet strap and pulled the rear into alignment two get the plywood in place. Once I had it back where it belonged I welded the two angles in place to hold it there as I want to remove the plywood to weld in the new support steel for the rear cap. Important to note all this took place before any of the steel below the plywood was put in place as that is part of what holds the rear of the motor in place.

No comments: